Northern Ireland Contact Points (NICPs) for H2020
The Northern Ireland Contact Point (NICP) network has been established to support potential applicants into Horizon 2020. Details of each of the Horizon 2020 Contact Points are outlined below.
There is no charge or fee for accessing the support of the Network. If you are a researcher in an academic institution, public body or large company then in the first instance you should contact the NICP for your research area. For SMEs in the first instance you should contact one of the SME Contact Points in Invest NI.
Advice is also available from staff based in the Office of the Northern Ireland Executive in Brussels as well as the Enterprise Europe Network which is based in Invest NI.
Northern Ireland Contact Point (NICP) Network
The NICP network is a resource available to all potential applicants from Northern Ireland who are interested in engaging with Horizon 2020. Amongst other activities, this support will take the form of
- organising relevant events/workshops,
- assistance with identifying areas of relevance within the competitive EU calls,
- help in identifying collaborative partners for applications,
- engaging with National Contact Points and also,
- practical advice and support with the process itself.
Northern Ireland based NICP network members
- Ciaran Prunty – NICP Engineering – – 028 9097 3199
- Dominic McLarnon – NICP Energy – – 028 9036 8564
- Dr Shirley Davey – NICP Connected Health – – 028 9036 8925
- Patricia McCrory – NICP Health – – 028 9097 1171
- Dr Inmaculada Higueras – NICP Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS) – – 028 9097 1407
- Dr Elaine Groom – NICP Agri-Food – – 028 9025 507
- Dr Joanne Coyle – UK National Contact Point (NCP) for SMEs and NICP for SMEs – – 028 9069 8807
- Paul Matthews – NICP for SMEs – – 028 9069 8837
- Claire Griffin – NICP for SME’s – – 028 9069 8356
- Carrie Small – EU Programmes Manager at InterTradeIreland – – 028 3083 4172
- Paula O’Neill – NICP Justice –
- Caroline Barry – NICP Environment – "> – 02890 256692
Brussels based NICP network members
- Farha Brahmi – EU R&D Executive – – 0032 2290 1345
Opportunities to apply for funding are issued via calls, these can be accessed via the following link:
Confused by some of the EU jargon, then see a quick-reference glossary listing relevant acronyms and abbreviations.
Any other questions? Visit the FAQs page for answers.