Northern Ireland Contact Points (NICPs) for H2020
The Northern Ireland Contact Point (NICP) network has been established to support potential applicants into Horizon 2020. Details of each of the Horizon 2020 Contact Points are outlined below.
There is no charge or fee for accessing the support of the Network. If you are a researcher in an academic institution, public body or large company then in the first instance you should contact the NICP for your research area. For SMEs in the first instance you should contact one of the SME Contact Points in Invest NI.
Advice is also available from staff based in the Office of the Northern Ireland Executive in Brussels as well as the Enterprise Europe Network which is based in Invest NI.
Northern Ireland Contact Point (NICP) Network
The NICP network is a resource available to all potential applicants from Northern Ireland who are interested in engaging with Horizon 2020. Amongst other activities, this support will take the form of
- organising relevant events/workshops,
- assistance with identifying areas of relevance within the competitive EU calls,
- help in identifying collaborative partners for applications,
- engaging with National Contact Points and also,
- practical advice and support with the process itself.
Northern Ireland based NICP network members
- Ciaran Prunty – NICP Engineering – – 028 9097 3199
- Dr Shirley Davey – NICP Connected Health – – 028 9036 8925
- Laura Fitzmaurice – NICP Energy – – 028 9036 6432
- Patricia McCrory – NICP Health – – 028 9097 1171
- Sarah Jayne Smith – NICP Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences – – 028 9097 2552
- Dr Elaine Groom – NICP Agri-Food – – 028 9025 5078
- Claire Griffin – NICP for SMEs and UK National Contact Point (NCP) for SMEs – – 028 9069 8356
- Grainne Lennon – InterTradeIreland – International Funding and Collaborations Broker – – 028 3083 4163 or 078 3366 8774
- Norma Dempster – NICP Justice – – 028 90527 123
Brussels based NICP network members
- Farha Brahmi – EU R&D Executive – – 0032 2290 1345
Opportunities to apply for funding are issued via calls, these can be accessed via the following link:
Confused by some of the EU jargon, then see a quick-reference glossary listing relevant acronyms and abbreviations.
Any other questions? Visit the FAQs page for answers.